About Stephen L. Townsend
Stephen Townsend’s practice includes general litigation in a wide variety of matters in Texas state and federal district courts. He represents many corporate clients in a wide range of general litigation, including complex contract negotiations and litigation, non-subscriber defense, and personal injury litigation. Stephen represents local governmental clients with their legal needs, including eminent domain proceedings, contract negotiation, and human resource consultation. Stephen represents many employees in discrimination cases based on their race, gender, age, disability, and religious beliefs. He also consults with businesses on their employment practices and procedures. Stephen also has extensive experience in personal injury litigation.
- South Texas College of Law 2010 – J.D.
- Lamar University 2006 – M.B.A.
- Lamar University 1999 – Management Information Systems, B.A.
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Memberships and Affiliations
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- The Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Michelle F. Mehaffy Inn of Court
- YMCA of Southeast Texas Board of Directors
- Port Neches – Groves Athletic Booster Club – Secretary
- Port Neches – Groves District Education Improvement Committee
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Personal Injury; Real Estate; Litigation; Corporate; Wills & Estates; Banking; Employment; Complex Contract Litigation; Government